Green Credentials & Sustainability
Here at Bison Electrical, we take climate change and the environmental impact we are having as a business very seriously.
Many members of the Bison team have young families. We feel that this makes it all the more important to secure a brighter, greener future for our children.
So, what is Bison Electrical doing to help protect the natural environment and reduce our carbon footprint?
We are working with Hugh from the Somerleyton Estate, who is the founder of WildEast, by purchasing trees and planting them acrross East Anglia.
WildEast is an environmental charity that aims to return 250,000 hectares of land to nature and reverse the ecological damage.
WildEast looks to farming estates, industrial estates, housing estates, schools, gardens, allotments, and churchyards to give a bit of their outside space over to nature. This means to let it go wild, with no mowing or ploughing - simply long grasses, wildflowers and dandelions for insects and wildlife to make their home.
SME Climate HUB
Bison have joined 2,763 other UK businesses as members of the SME Climate HUB, which is a commitment to becoming a net zero business. This means that by 2050, we will be putting no more carbon into the atmosphere than we are taking out of it.
Every year, we are taking more steps to reduce our carbon footprint and carbon emissions- keep reading to find out some of the ways we have acheieved this reduction recently.
To achieve net zero, Bison must undertake many business changes to become greener and some of these steps include:
- Ensuring our offices are well insulated to increase our energy efficiency and reduce energy wastage.
- Using LED lightbulbs where possible, not only at our premises, but for our customers as well as a way of reducing energy usage and increasing energy efficiency.
- Minimising the waste from parts and products throughout our electrical work, only using what is absolutely neccessary for each job.
- Offsetting our carbon footprint by planting trees at Somerleyton Hall as part of the WildEast initiative (read above).
- Buying our products from more eco-friendly businesses and suppliers, with thought to deliveries and the carbon emissions involved in the transportation of goods, minimising this where possible.
One of the biggest steps we are taking is to electrify our fleet of work vans. We currently have 3 electric vehicles within the business making up our 'green fleet'. We plan to increase this number of electric vehicles in our fleet as our company grows.
OZEV Approved Installers
To help other businesses become greener, Bison Electrical Services are OZEV (Office for Zero Emissions) approved installers for workplace EV charging points, and distributors of Rolec and Sync EV charging solutions.
To find out if you are eligible contact us today.
We at Bison are determined to be part of the solution and not the problem.
Want to know what we have achieved in 2022?
Start your journey with Bison online today
The fastest route to electrical excellence for your home, organisation or business...
Bison Electrical - at your service
Whatever your electrical requirements may be, we have you covered!